HI. We are about to get started on our roving international atelier salon series S P A C E. Are you curious? This is a good time to ask us any questions popping up as you peruse this site. Your thoughtful questions will help us make this site, and our work to come, better. So thank you for taking the time.
Questions so far…
- Who are you?
- What’s in it for me? How will this make my life better? How is this relevant to me? See our blog. Check in from time to time and see where we are, what we’re managing to do with and for others. Not for everyone, of course. We’re looking for people who are recognizing the vast missing space where people can let themselves relax, connect, and discover… without agenda… those whose paths they might not have otherwise crossed. Why? Public space. Salon making. Serendipity. Innovations start here. We’re talking about ‘the third space.’ Just google it.
- What is this? A traveling design atelier. We are combining our backgrounds & experiences over 20 years together in: print journalism, design, story finding, empathetic listening, dialogue design, digital publishing, newsmagazines, event making, zinery, illustration, facilitation, concepting, hosting, mentoring, and partnering with businesses and organizations along the way to *make things happen*. This is all so that we can: discover the people, places, and stories that are not that easily discovered, mostly because people aren’t even aware of what they can find out about themselves whenever they simply make time to meet and talk, in real life. It’s so cool when this happens. Designing a dialogue roundtable might lead to an idea, that idea might be taken up by a handful of people, then a collaboration begins. It’s not just ‘I made this!’, it’s ‘Look what we did, together.’ ‘N’ so far has been a kind of prototype for this. I think this new project came straight out of what we learned together at ‘N’ in Hanoi in June. So fun. Fun is the important bit, isn’t it? And more is on the way.
- What made you decide to make S P A C E? [Coming 1 October]
- Where are you going next? [Coming 1 October]
- What will I learn from this? [Coming 1 October]
- Where have you been? [Coming 1 October]
- How long have you been in business? We started as an LLC in Seattle in 2004.
- What do you do, exactly? [Coming 1 October]
- Who are your clients? [Coming 1 October]
- How are you funded?
- How did you land in Cambodia after starting in the northwestern United States? [Coming 1 October]
- Tell us about your past experiences. [Coming 1 October]
- Do you hire people? Sometimes, yes. When there’s a specific project with particular needs, we begin to look through our network and discover who might fit the story. We’ve hired web developers, graphic design interns, photographers. We’ve also partnered with software developers. We are always open to hearing from people who have a proposal to share.
- Can I commission you for a custom project? Depends on what it is, where it is, and if we’re aligned with the same vision. Get in touch through the form below and let’s start the conversation.
- What is it like to work with you? [Coming 1 October]
- How can I collaborate with you? Request the password to this page. Use the form below. Let us know where you are in the world and how you want to become involved. Anything is possible.
- How are you different from other studios? Zinemakers? Designers? Publishers? What makes you special? [Coming 1 October]
- Where have you been published, or appeared in public? Where can I learn more? [Coming 1 October]
- How did you go from a freelance studio to a consulting agency? What do you consult on? [Coming 1 October]
- Tell us how you are applying what you have learned. [Coming 1 October]
- Are you on social media? Less and less. Email? The form is below…
Have a question?
What should we add to the list above?… What do you want to know about DK, about S P A C E, and about how to get involved? Ask us through this form…