Welcome to DK.
We invite you to try it.
For people who welcome, and value, that kind of thinking, as they look for new ways to approach old blockages, in an exploratory quest for: fresh approaches, unexpected perspectives, and dialogue through ‘discovery’ to precipitate ideas. Not everyone resonates. But about one in a hundred really do.
Creating space for remarkable and meaningful connexion is what we love, and why we do it is because it’s really fun to engage with people who truly enjoy the soft, social space that exists within three-d and even virtual bounded boxes of time. In which new and different other can connect, and interconnect, for an unexpected moment of deeply relating. We have done this a hundred times, in small and large settings, formally, informally, at home and for work. It’s just who we are. And it’s the sort of jam we love to be in, and so, we design to make it happen—to optimize and host for that. In short, the aesthetic moment.
And it works. So we’re still doing it. Twenty years, now, so.
DK is Design Kompany.
It was founded in Seattle by and Akira Morita in 2004.. Currently DK operates as a boutique, and is based in Phnom Penh and Saigon.
Today, the same core team are independent consultants in: innovation, design thinking, and experiential learning program design.
They assemble when it’s time to make something new.
A. Spaice is our research and development director.
Jas Plac handles all outreach and communications.
After a six-year hiatus, DK is ready to take on new design commissions.
Ask us about:
- Brand identity design (6 sessions)
- Concepting your new brand identity, consultation (2 sessions)
- Custom copywriting & photography for digital content
- Brand positioning, strategy & marketing consulting (8 sessions)
- Vietnamese-language brand identity design, in collaboration with our new teammates in Saigon (6 sessions)
- Website design + custom digital content + digital publishing
- Short courses for thinking about your brand, name, and image (view upcomings)
- Experiential workshop design + facilitation (custom)
View our work..
- ‘Expanding Windows’ experiential workshop for British Council of Vietnam, Dalat (2020)
- Atelier S P A C E two-year roving popup zinemaking workshops, conversations (2017-2019)
- ‘Self’, the unconference, experiential workshop for VIA Programs at Stanford, Palo Alto (2014)
- Naming, brand identity design for NUK coffee shop, Phnom Penh (2014)
- Brand identity design for Row House Cafe, Seattle (2011)
- Brand identity design for nightclub The Baltic Room, Seattle (2011)
- Naming, brand identity design for Hindsight Veterinary Care, Oregon (2011)
- Brand identity, naming and website for Matchbox Mobile (2008)
- Brand identity design for Joji Minatogawa Architects Inc, Seattle (2007)
- Brand identity design for Group3 Architects LLC, Seattle (2006)
- Brand identity design for Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce, Seattle (2006)
- Total rebrand for a Seattle newspaper, Northwest Asian Weekly, Seattle (2007)
Have a project in mind ?
Contact us through the form here to get started.
20 years of DK..
All the things we’ve done before inform what we do today. Read about our experiential learning program design work, of late, and read our story from its origins, at this page >